Wondering which software to choose to back up your data on Windows 10? When searching the Internet, do you end up with incomplete or paid software? In this article, I present to you the best backup software for Windows 10. The cream of the crop.
Losing your valuable files as a result of a hard drive failure or virus attack can be very expensive and stressful. But you can easily avoid such a situation by running regular backups.
The best way to do this is to use backup software that is used to back up your files regularly and automatically in a safe place such as an external hard drive, a USB key, a network drive, and so on.
Simply set the software to run scheduled backups weekly or monthly. When a disaster occurs, you will be able to restore your files easily and in no time.
best backup software for Windows 10
Here are the three best backup software for Windows 10, 8 and 7.
1. Cobian Backup
Cobian Backup is one of the most famous best backup software for Windows 10, a lightweight software that will allow you to automatically back up directories and files to a remote machine or to a local destination. Free and regularly updated Cobian allows to make standard or incremental backups that can be encrypted in 128 or 256 bits, compressed and above all programmed, it is the software that I advise to the beginner
- ossibility of scheduling automatic backups
- It allows to compress folders thanks to “pkzip”
- It runs in the background, consuming very few resources.
- It is compatible with the Windows system from XP to Windows 10.
2. EASEUS TODO Backup
Another software specialized in backups with tons of cool options. It allows you to create backups of all data on a hard drive. It is powerful and easy to start.
EASEUS Todo Backup is free, but not open source. It is automatically removed if you want to store sensitive data.
- Ability to create a data backup, disk, partition or the entire system.
- Be able to clone a disk, a partition or the complete system.
- Be able to create a bootable disk for data recovery.
- Ability to schedule backups.
- Fast recovery from backups
Why make backups when you can downright clone your main hard drive with XXClone?
XXClone allows you to quickly make full copies of your disks and partitions. The software has a lot of options and is never unnecessarily complicated. It is free, powerful and easy to use, allowing you to copy partitions without interrupting your current activities.
- Make a complete copy of your hard drive, including your operating system.
- Make copies to external drives like USB and fireWire.
- XXClone can run regular backups.
- Start the software at the same time as Windows and work in the background.
Backup or synchronization between all your devices, FullSync is free software for synchronization and backup of customizable files. It allows you to schedule backups from / to directories, FTP or SFTP, including remote to remote.
However, FullSync does not have any file compression, file archiving, or encryption features.
- Schedule backups by a specific date using a calendar.
- Ability to do simple backup, incremental or file synchronization
- Can exclude items you do not want to save
- FullSync can be remotely controlled to manage its backups from another computer.
Syncthing is another popular best backup software for Windows 10, a free and open source file synchronization tool available for Windows Mac, Linux, Android. It allows you to synchronize your files from all your remote devices.
It is in fact a solution for local sharing accessible remotely and encrypted (AES + TLS). It is possible to specify directories on several machines to centralize its files.
You will not have to go to get or transfer your data to enjoy it on the machine of your choice.
I hope this tutorial will help you find the best backup software for Windows 10. If you encounter difficulties, do not hesitate to ask for help in the comments.